Lancaster PA Expungement Attorneys
If you have a past criminal charge or criminal record, it could be affecting your ability to obtain or maintain employment, or volunteer with local school or community groups. It may also be an embarrassing memory you’d like to erase. If so, we may be able to help you clear your name off of public databases, including the FBI, police departments, and court records.
Our criminal lawyers know how to handle expungements, so contact us today.
- If you have successfully completed an ARD program, Diversionary program, or Section 17 Disposition, you may be eligible for an expungement in PA
- If you have been convicted of a summary offense more than five (5) years ago, you may be eligible for an expungement
- If you have been convicted of a summary Underage Drinking offense and have since reached the age of 21, you may be entitled to an expungement in PA.
- And, if you were charged with a crime but never convicted, you may be eligible for an expungement in PA
Your Expungement Petition must comply with specific rules, include specific information, be filed at the appropriate location and, if granted, be distributed to the correct agencies. In some cases, your expungement may be challenged by the District Attorney’s Office, requiring a hearing before the Court.
Sealed Records in Lancaster PA
Even if you are ineligible for a complete expungement of your criminal charges, you may be able to have your record sealed from non-law enforcement entities. In certain cases, your non-violent misdemeanor convictions could be hidden from the public by filing a Petition for Limited Access.
If the following apply to your case, you may be entitled to file a Petition for Limited Access:
- Free from conviction for ten (10) years.
- The Charge you are asking to seal is a Misdemeanor 1 or lower.
- The Charge you are asking to seal is not a violent, sexual, family member crime, punishable by more than two (2) years in prison.
- You have paid all financial obligations (fines, costs, restitution) of your case.
- You have not ever been convicted of Murder, or Felony 1 offense.
If you’ve been previously convicted of a non-violent misdemeanor offense, contact us today for a consultation. We will discuss your circumstances and determine whether you are eligible to seal your prior convictions.
At Lancaster Law Group, we have expungement attorneys with the experience to help you clear your name and expunge your criminal record by preparing your Expungement Petition and guiding it through the Court system, in the most efficient manner possible. The Lancaster, PA expungement process, like most expungements in PA, can typically take from 4-8 months, so you want to be sure that you have thorough, knowledgeable counsel assisting you throughout that process.
If you are in need of an expungement attorney, contact our Lancaster PA office today at (717) 696-6329 for an initial appointment.
Or, fill in our Contact us form for an initial consultation.